Missy Macabre - Fire Performer, Female Fakir, and Daredevil Showgirl

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Ripley's Believe it or Not!

During the last month or so I have been in talks with Ripley's Believe it or Not museum in Picadilly Circus.
They are to have a live exhibit of remarkable people with remarkable skills. (I am wondering if this is their polite way of saying freaks and oddities!?) This is opening next week around March 23rd. And I am going to be part of it, including four others; a vocalist who can make extremely odd sounds, a man who can blow up hot water bottles and explode them, a man who fits himself through coat hangers, and other extremely small objects!. Plus, a friend and fellow sideshow performer Vivid Angel!

I'll be performing there a few times a week, on broken glass, my bed of nails and I'll also be eating glass and performing human blockhead! There are also talks of performing fire in the middle of Picadilly Circus - Which I find really exciting! Such a visual stunt in such an iconic location!

I had a photoshoot for press with them yesterday outside the museum. Then we got to have a look inside... It's full of really interesting things, and has many wonderful artifacts and exhibits on sideshow freaks.



I also had a great weekend of fantastic shows at fantastic events.

The Village fate for The Ballad of Magazine
Fangtasia, at Resistance Gallery
Palacio de los Muetros, Barden's Boidour
And..
Oooh La la, Bristol.

Here's a photo of me from at Fangtasia I really love it. Taken by Armando de Ath.

No comments:

Post a Comment